(PRESS RELEASE) DALLAS, TX — Essilor announces the creation of a state-of-the-art digital event platform, the Essilor Vision Care Center, and opens registration for the center’s inaugural event: the Global Varilux Summit. The Essilor Vision Care Center is dedicated to hosting digital events focused on the latest science and research in eye health and creating a space for the exchange of ideas between eyecare professionals. The Global Varilux Summit – to be held on Nov. 10, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. EST – will explore the latest insights on presbyopia and new horizons for vision.
Essilor invites eyecare professionals to register now for the Varilux Global Summit where they can expect to:
- Hear about the latest in consumer research and trends in presbyopic eye health;
- Get inspiration from some of the top minds in the industry from around the world as they share scientific developments in presbyopic correction and innovation methodologies behind progressive lenses;
- Receive actionable recommendations for implementing elevated presbyopic care through best practices sharing and interactive discussion with peers;
- Learn and network with thousands of eyecare professionals from around the world.
“More than ever in this increasingly digital world and ever-changing vision environment, we stand firm in our mission to help patients see better so they can enjoy life to the fullest,” said co-host Agnes Dewidehem, Global Essilor Brands Senior Vice President. “The Global Varilux Summit aims to open doors and minds to the latest technical and scientific advances in presbyopia with contributions from internationally renowned experts. We are also looking forward to sharing compelling data and key learnings gleaned from recent global research and surveys to ensure our attendees benefit from the latest science.”
“I am honored to co-host the Global Varilux Summit on presbyopia. The topic is currently a very dynamic area of focus for our profession and continuous education for eyecare providers is critical to creating the best outcomes for patients,” said co-host Dr. Howard Purcell, OD, FAAO, President & CEO of the New England College of Optometry. “Attendees will hear from our global experts, clinicians and researchers about the advancements in progressive lenses and how to optimally dispense the right products to the right patients. Awareness, education and customization are at the heart of success for an eyecare provider – and patients will notice the elevated care they are provided as a result.”
Trailblazing a new category as the first-ever progressive lens, the VariluxⓇ brand has always been at the cutting-edge of innovation to create better vision outcomes for presbyopes. Since 1959, Varilux lenses have positively impacted the vision and lives of millions of patients across the world. Varilux is the #1 progressive lens recommended by optometrists and opticians1 and boasts an impressive 96 percent patient satisfaction rate.2
The Global Varilux Summit will broadcast on Nov. 10, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. EST/7:00 p.m. CST to 66 countries and will be available in 11 languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Turkish, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Bahasa and Portuguese. Registration for this free virtual event is open and eyecare professionals may register themselves and invite others to register up until Nov. 9, 2021.
- Co-hosted by Agnes Dewidehem, Global Essilor Brands Senior Vice President, and Dr. Howard Purcell, OD, FAAO, President & CEO of the New England College of Optometry
- Prof. Mark A. Bullimore, MCOptom, PhD, FAAO – University of Houston, College of Optometry, Boulder, Colorado (USA)
- Dr. Damien Gatinel, MD, PhD – Head of The Anterior and Refractive Surgery Department of The Rothschild Foundation, Paris (France)
- Dr. Fiona Fylan, PhD, Health Psychologist, Leeds Beckett – University (UK)
- Prof. Pete S. Kollbaum, OD, PhD, FAAO Indiana University, School of Optometry, Bloomington, Indiana (USA)
- Elaine Grisdale, FBDO, FAAO, FEAOO – ABDO Head of Professional Services and International Development / Director of Development for the International Opticians Association (UK)
To register for the Varilux Global Summit, follow this link to the registration platform. Eyecare professionals are encouraged to share this registration page with their peers and colleagues.